In honor of April’s Autism Awareness Month, our $1 Dress Day will benefit the organization Autism Speaks.
Autism Speaks helps raise awareness, fund research, provide vital resources, and advocate for the needs of people with autism.
Student Council will be collecting $1 donations from students who would like to wear BLUE on Friday, April 15, 2016.
Did you know …
- Autism now affects 1 in 68 children and 1 in 42 boys
- Autism prevalence figures are growing
- Autism is one of the fastest-growing developmental disorders in the U.S.
- Autism costs a family $60,000 a year on average
- Boys are nearly five times more likely than girls to have autism
- There is no medical detection or cure for autism
For more information about autism visit https://www.autismspeaks.org/liub