Will You Join Us in the Saint Anne School Mission?
Saint Anne School is dedicated to its mission to provide a quality, Catholic education and to continue its practice of offering a preferential option for the poor. Approximately 70% of Saint Anne School’s students live at or below federal poverty income levels, making Saint Anne School the only non-public Title I school in the Santa Monica-Malibu School District. Despite the poverty of its families, Saint Anne School receives no aid from the Archdiocese of Los Angeles because of an aid formula that is based upon the average income of the geographic area in which a school is situated rather than on the poverty of the families the school serves. Saint Anne School’s Santa Monica location in the 90404 zip code, a relatively affluent area, which renders it ineligible for aid despite the significant poverty of its families.
Saint Anne School families, particularly those living at our below federal poverty levels, cannot tolerate tuition increases as a means of balancing the school’s budget. The modest salary and benefits of Saint Anne School’s faculty alone consume over 80% of the school’s Spartan budget. Ongoing efforts to secure financial and programmatic support for Saint Anne School, through the generosity of its donors is essential to Saint Anne School’s ability to continue to offer a quality education and enrichment programs to its families. The support of its current and future donors allows the students to thrive, altering the course of countless impoverished children’s lives, one Saint Anne School student at a time.
Friends of Saint Anne School
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Monica
- Crossroads Community Outreach Foundation
- Providence Saint John’s Health Center
- The Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth
- The Catholic Education Foundation
- The Carrie Estelle Doheny Foundation
- The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation
- The Ralph M. Parsons Foundation
- Kiwanis Club of Santa Monica
- Rotary Club of Santa Monica
- Saint Sebastian Sports Project
- St. Matthew’s Parish School
- Specialty Family Foundation
- Weingart Foundation