Saint Anne School’s curriculum is significantly enriched by the following programs:
- PS Science: a hands-on science program for grades 1-5
- UCLA Environmental Science Project: 7th and 8th grade students collaborate with UCLA graduate engineering students to test local beaches and oceans for bacteria, analyze and present findings to UCLA students and faculty, and SM City Council.
- ST Math: computer based Spatial Temporal Mathematics for K-5
- Mountain Math: cyclical review of core concepts
- Algebra: for 8th grade students who qualify
- Waterford Institute’s Early Reading Program: phonics-based computer software for K-2
- Mountain High Language: cyclical review of core concepts
- Accelerated Reader: computer-based program providing comprehension assessment of leveled readers, all grades
Our school-wide music instruction for all grade levels:
- K-2nd: Orff-Schulwerk Mallet and Percussion
- 3rd-5th: violin, cello or choral instruction for grades 3-6
- 7th, 8th: guitar option
*Instruments provided for all pupils at no charge.
Violin and cello students commit to after school music mentoring with instrument-proficient Crossroads high school students.
Technology and Computer Laboratory
- School-wide T-1 internet connectivity with internet filtering
- SMART Board technology, all classrooms, K-8
- 4 internet-connected desktop computers in each classroom
- 32-Computer Learning Lab, with daily K-2 visits for language arts/phonics and mathematics enrichment, and other grades visiting a minimum of twice per week
Standards-based art history and fine arts instruction, Grades 3-5.
Title I Remedial Reading and Mathematics Program
Provided for K-5 students who qualify.